B.W. (Bruce) Gudim
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Vice-President, 2010
- Graduated from the University of Alberta with a B.Sc. (Survey Science) in 1978.
- Employed by UMA Group (1978-1979) and Maltais Geomatics Inc. (1979-present).
- Articled to Norman Hanson, ALS and Irwin Maltais, ALS.
- Received ALS commission in 1982.
- Director and Principal at Maltais Geomatics Inc. since 1982.
- Member of ALSA Registration Committee from 1988-1992.
- Chairman of ALSA Registration Committee in 1992.
- Chairman of Western Canadian Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors in 1993.
- Received CLS commission in 1997.
- Member of ALSA Professional Development Committee from 1997-1999.
- Chairman of ALSA Professional Development Committee in 1999.
- Facilitator at ALSA Getting It Right Seminars from 1999-2004.
- Member of ALSA Discipline Committee from 2003-2007.
- ALSA Council Member from 2007-2009.
- ALSA Council Liaison to Standards Committee from 2007-2009.
- ALSA Council Liaison to Registration Committee from 2008-2009.
- ALSA Delegate on Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors from 2008-2009.
- Member of Alberta Sustainable Resource Development’s Digital Submissions Review Committee from 2008-2009.
- Member of ACLS Continuing Professional Development Committee from 2003 to present.
- Guest Lecturer in NAIT Survey Law Course GET71 from 2006 to present.
- Chairman of ACLS Continuing Professional Development Committee from 2009 to present.
- Member of ALSA Practice Review Board from 2009 to present.