C.J. (Chris) Chiasson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2010
- Received a Survey Technologist Diploma from the College of Geographic Sciences in 1993.
- Received B.Sc. Eng from the University of New Brunswick in 1998.
- Articled to Ken Drake, ALS and Tony Melton, ALS.
- Received ALS commission in June of 2003.
- Received CLS commission in March of 2004.
- Served on the Oil and Gas Ad Hoc Committee, Public Relations Committee, and currently on the Registration Committee and the CLS Geographic Information Technology Committee (chairman for two years).
- Worked in the City of Calgary with Kellam Berg Engineering and Surveys and Pals Surveys Ltd. Worked on oilfield surveying with All-West Surveys, Crape Geomatics Corporation and Altus Geomatics.
- Currently the branch manager with Altus Geomatics in Grande Prairie.