D.F. (Damian) Gillis
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2010
- Graduated from the University of Victoria with a B.Sc. in Geography in 1992.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a B.Sc. in Geomatics Engineering (with Distinction) in 1998.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a MBA in 2006.
- Articled to Conrad Lenius, ALS in 1998.
- Obtained ALS commission in 2001.
- Obtained CLS commission in 2003.
- Obtained P.Eng. designation in 2005.
- Previously employed by B.C. Ministry of Highways in 1990 and 1991; John Whittaker, BCLS in 1993 and 1994; and Michael Claxton, BCLS in 1994.
- Employed by Focus Corporation since 1996.
- Currently holds the position of field operations manager, Calgary region.
- Member of the Public Relations Committee (2003-2007).
- Chairman of the Public Relations Committee (2006-2007).
- Member of the Standards Committee (2007 - current).
- Chairman of the Standards Committee (2008-2009).