D.R. (David) Thomson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|David Thomson, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA President, 2011-2012|
On the occasion of his nomination for President, 2011
- Raised in a Canadian Forces Family which was posted to Ontario, Europe, Alberta, and New Brunswick.
- Graduated UNB (Surveying Engineering) in 1981.
- One of the founding partners of Challenger Geomatics in 1984.
- Articled to Vic Wolchansky, ALS and received commission in 2000.
- Served on various ALSA committees and sub-committees including, Convention Committee, Discipline Committee, Statutory Boundary Tribunal Committee, and the GPS Standards Sub-committee.
- Served on Council as vice-president in 2010-2011
- Appointed President of Challenger Geomatics in 2000.
- Currently serving on APEGGA’s Enforcement Review Committee.
- Served on various industry-related committees with APEGGA, Canadian Hydrographic Association, and Calgary Geomatics Cluster.
- Served on the Board of Calgary Technologies Inc.