Frank Halahuric was born in Calgary in 1935 and grew up in Drumheller, graduating from high school there in 1953. In 1955, he graduated from SAIT.
Mr. Halahuric obtained his commission as an Alberta Land Surveyor on November 9, 1961 after articling to J.A. Lamb. He was also a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor.
Frank Halahuric worked with the survey firm of Strong Lamb & Nelson in their Calgary, Regina and Edmonton offices from 1955 to 1974. In 1974, he moved over to the Bruyer Partnership until 1983.
He then had his own firm, F.A. Halahuric & Associates Ltd., until 1994. He then went to work for the Eastern Irrigation District in Brooks until 2000 and retired as an active Alberta Land Surveyor in 2001.