H.C. (Hugo) Engler
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2009
- Attended Royal Roads Military College for one year after high school.
- Graduated from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology in 1961.
- Employed by Dozzi and Smith Surveys from 1961 to 1970.
- Articled under James Keith Smith, ALS and received ALS commission in 1965.
- Employed at W.D. Usher and Associates (Usher Canada Limited) from 1970 to 1987.
- Received CLS commission in 1972.
- Received BCLS commission in 1973.
- Served on the Discipline Committee for five years.
- Self employed from 1987 to 1988.
- Employed at Barlow Surveys from 1988 to 1991.
- Returned to Usher Canada Limited (MMM Geomatics Alberta Limited) from 1991 to present.
- Served on the Legislation Committee for one year.
- Served on the Registration Committee for six years and as chairman in the fifth year.