I.C. (Irwin) Maltais
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|Irwin Maltais, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA President, 1989|
On the occasion of his nomination for President, 1989
- Born in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
- Attended Grande Prairie High School graduating in 1965
- Received B.Sc. in mining engineering from the University of Alberta in 1971
- Articled to Reg Watson, ALS from 1972 to 1973
- Obtained ALS commission in June 1973; CLS commission in 1976
- Served as chairman of the Northern Regional Group 1984-1986 and was a member of several ad hoc and standing committees of the ALSA over the past 15 years.
- Vice-president of the ALSA Council member (1986-1988),
- Member of the Registration Committee (1984-1988), Chairman of the Systems & Procedures Group (1986-1988), member of the Finance Committee (1987-1988), Chairman of the Finance Committee (1988-1989)
- Member, APEGGA, CISM, ACSM, ACLS, URISA CHA, CGU, & GIAC
- Began surveying in the Yukon and NWT in 1967 with White, Hosford & Impey Ltd. and obtained about 3.5 years experience in the North.
- Later worked for Stewart Weir, CES, and UMA Group before forming Maltais Associates Surveyors Ltd. in 1979