J.E. (John) Landry
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|John Landry, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA Registration Committee Member|
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2007
- Born in Kenora, Ontario, 1950.
- Graduated High School - St. Joseph's College - Yorkton, Saskatchewan. 1968.
- Graduated from Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, Toronto Ontario 1971.
- Started career with Manitoba Hydro, moved to Alberta, worked for McElhanney, Coordinate Surveys and Stantec.
- Received CLS commision 1981.
- Had the great fortune to work in Phoenix, Arizona for five months with Stantec
- Extensive field experience in most disciplines: urban and rural land development, oil and gas, real property reports, construction surveys.
- Received ALS commission March 2004.
- Member of Standards Committee for approximately six years.
- Currently Chairperson for Standards.
- Employed by McElhanney Land Surveys, Edmonton (shareholder).
- Hobbies are golfing, boating, fishing and generally being out at the lake, (Amisk) east of Boyle.