J.I. (Jim) Maidment
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|Jim Maidment, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA Council Member, 2008-2010|
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2008
- Attended Ryerson Polytechnical Institute 1971 to 1975.
- Employed by Horton & Wallace Surveys, Ontario, 1973 to 1979.
- Moved to Calgary in 1979.
- Employed by Sunbow Consulting, 1979 to 1992.
- Articled to Ed Lyster and received ALS commission in 1986.
- Founder and Manager of Maidment Land Surveys Ltd. 1992 to present.
- Extensive experience in most areas of “municipal” surveying with a couple of years working in the “oil patch.”
- Served on various ALSA ad hoc committees including RPR and Co-ordinate Based Cadastre.
- Served for many years on the Registration Committee.
- Hobbies include biking, sailing, canoeing, and traveling.