J.L. (John) Haggerty
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Secretary-Treasurer, 2010
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a B.Sc. in Geomatics Engineering.
- Worked for Haggerty Surveys Ltd. (previously Diamond Willow Planning and Surveying Ltd.) from a young age.
- Worked for Challenger Surveys Ltd., Stantec Geomatics, and the Regional Surveyor’s Office of Geomatics Canada.
- Employed with Can-Am Geomatics Corp. from 1997 to present.
- Worked in Edmonton, Fort McMurray and, for the past seven years, Grande Prairie.
- Served Articles under Roger Ross, ALS CLS and John Wallace, ALS.
- Received ALS commission in 2003, professional engineer’s designation in 2004 and CLS Commission in 2007.
- Served on the Historical and Biographical Committee, more often than not, since 1999. Was involved in the research and editing of Laying Down the Lines. Currently, Council Liaison for this Committee.
- Served on the Registration Committee, more often than not, since 2004. Currently the Council Liaison for this Committee.
- Served on the CBEPS Candidate Evaluation Committee since May 2009.
- Served as Council Liaison to the Standards Committee in 2008-2009.
- Helped with the plain language re-write of the Manual of Standard Practice.
- Currently serving a term on the Council of the ALSA (April 2008 to April 2010).
- President of the Grande Prairie and District Pipes and Drums.