J.M. (John) Byrne
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2013
- Born in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Graduated from St. Francis Xavier High School in Edmonton in 1974.
- Graduated from the SAIT survey program in 1977.
- Obtained ALS commission in 1986.
- Employed by Walker Newby, Hosford, Impey and Welter (HIW) Surveys, WD Usher (Usher Canada), Pals Surveys.
- Partner in Pals Surveys and Pals Surveys and Associates.
- Currently President of IBI Geomatics Inc.
- Member of the Legislation Committee from 1992 to 1995 and chaired the Legislation Committee in 1994-1995.
- Curently a member of External Relations Committee.