J. (John) Lohnes
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|John Lohnes, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA Councillor (2016-2018)|
As published in ALS News upon receiving his commission in 2008 and updated in 2016
- John Lohnes was born in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia in 1970. He graduated from New Germany Rural High in 1989
- Began survey career at the age of 16.
- Received a diploma from the College of Geographic Sciences in 1990.
- Enrolled in the Survey Engineering program at UNB from 1990 to 1995.
- Moved to Alberta in the April 1995 to work for Loeppky Matthyssen & Associates.
- Articles served under Alberta Land Surveyors Brian Ross, Dennis Clayton, Bob Wallace and Paul Densmore from December 2003 to July 2008.
- Received his commission as an Alberta Land Surveyor on July 15, 2008.
- Worked in both the municipal and oil & gas sectors.
- Has worked for several firms including: Universal Surveys, All West Surveys, Global Surveys and Focus.
- Currently employed with Vista Geomatics.
- Member of the Legislative Ad Hoc Committee from 2004-2006
- Member of the Standards Committee since 2006 and Chairperson in 2011/2012.
- Volunteer on the Millarville Racetrack and Agriculture Society (MRAS) Board of Directors from 2009 to 2014
- Volunteer on the MRAS Race Committee since 2011. Vice-chair for two years.