L.R. (Len) Olson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 1985
- Born in Rimbey, Alberta
- Graduated from Rimbey High School, 1965
- Graduated from SAIT (Drafting Technology), 1969
- Articled to: R.H. Botham, (1973-1975); M. Sexauer, (1975-1976); L. Vanderford, (1976-1977)
- Obtained ALS commission, 1977
- In partnership with G. Oslund, ALS and R. Bunting, ALS under the name of Snell & Oslund Surveys (1979) Ltd.
- President of Olson Surveys Ltd since 1986.
- Surveying experience: subdivision, building location, Control, photo control, heavy industrial, oilfield related, seismic