M.A. (Michael) Thompson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|Michael Thompson, ALS|
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2013
- Born in Rosetown, Saskatchewan.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a B.Sc in Geomatics Engineering in 2005.
- Articles were served under Jerry Rasmuson, ALS, CLS, P.Eng.
- Received ALS commission in 2008.
- Received BCLS commission in 2009.
- Received P.Eng membership, 2010.
- Received CLS commission in 2012.
- Employed by Maltais Geomatics Inc. from 2003 to 2010.
- High Level Branch Manager for Maltais Geomatics Inc. from 2007 to 2010.
- Founded MPE Geomatics Ltd. in Lethbridge in 2010.
- Current President and General Manager, MPE Geomatics Ltd.
- ALSA Future of the Association Ad Hoc Committee, 2007 to 2008.
- ALSA GPS Guidelines Working Group, 2008 to 2011.
- ALSA Legislation Ad-Hoc Committee, 2011 to 2013 (Chair, 2012-2013).
- ABCLS Career Awareness Committee, 2009 to 2011.
- Member of Professional Surveyors Canada (PSC), Alberta Geomatics Group (AGG), Urban Development Institute (UDI), Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA), International Right of Way Association (IRWA), Alberta Society of Surveying and Mapping Technologies (ASSMT, Associate Membership).
- Treasurer, High Level & District Chamber of Commerce 2008 to 2009.
- Hobbies include curling, skiing, golf, and camping.