R.W.M. (Rob) Scott
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2013
- Born in Kimberly, British Columbia; raised in BC, Montana, Saskatchewan, Ontario, England, Quebec, and Alberta.
- Graduated from the University of Alberta with a B.Sc. in Geography (Survey Science) in 1980.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a B.Sc. in Surveying Engineering in 1987.
- Articled to Grant Cross, ALS.
- Obtained ALS commission in 1987.
- Received Professional Engineer status in 1991.
- Employment History: Walker Newby (Edmonton), Tronnes Surveys (Calgary), Martin and Co. (Lethbridge), Brown Okamura and Associates (Lethbridge) All-West Surveys (Calgary).
- Director and owner of Scott Geomatics in Lethbridge from 1996 to 2003.
- Involved with setting up the Geomatics Engineering Program at Lethbridge Community College.
- Involved in instructing surveying at the Lethbridge Community College from 1996 to 2003.
- Employed with Stantec Geomatics in Calgary since 2005. Currently a principal and senior practitioner providing strategic direction on transformational projects and the management of key clients.
- Served on the Standards Committee, and the Real Property Report Task Force.
- Member of the Registration Committee from 1999 to 2004 and 2005 to 2009 as Council liaison, and twice as chairman.
- Served on the TILMA Sub-Group.
- ALSA Council member from1998 to 2000.
- Member of the Practice Review Board 2009-2011. Chairman in 2010-2011.
- Chairman of the RST Ad Hoc Committee 2011.
- ALSA Vice-President in 2012-2013.
- Hobbies include golfing and hiking in the mountains