R. (Robert) Radovanovic
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2007
- Graduated with a B.Sc. in Geomatics Engineering from University of Calgary, 1998.
- Obtained Ph.D. from University of Calgary in 2003 for work related to applying GPS to deformation monitoring. Studied under supervision of Dr. Bill Teskey, A.L.S. (Ret).
- Commissioned as an Alberta Land Surveyor after serving articles with Victor Wolchansky and Jovan Misic.
- Commissioned as a Canada Land Surveyor; Member of APEGGA.
- Owner of SARPI LTD.
- Served on the Public Relations Committee, served on and later chaired the Future of the Association Committee. Actively involved in preparing and presenting courses on surveying / geomatics topics to groups including ALSA, AGG, and GEOIDE, as well as continuing to prepare / present papers on ongoing research. Used to enjoy hobbies, current interests include preserving the cadastral fabric, chain-saw safety and systematic practice review.