T.J. (Tim) Harding
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination to Council in 2006
- Born in New Brunswick in 1959.
- Graduated from the Nova Scotia Land Survey Institute in 1978.
- B.Sc. in Surveying Engineering in 1982 from UNB.
- Articled to Al Zaver, ALS.
- Received ALS commission in 1998; CLS commission in 1985; P.Eng. in 1984.
- Began surveying as a summer job in 1974. Worked for Murphy Surveys and Canadian Engineering & Surveys.
- Founding member of Challenger Geomatics in 1984. Currently the Vice-President of the Edmonton Operation.
- Served on the Legislation Committee.
- Served six years on the Registration Ccommittee 2000-2006. Chairman of the Registration Committee, 2004-2005.
- Member of APEGGA
- Member of ACLS.
- Active as the local youth group leader.
- Been a soccer coach for fifteen years.
- Hobbies include: golf, weight training, mountain biking and fixing up the cottage at Wabamun Lake.