T.W. (Terry) Hudema
It is with heavy hearts the family of Terry William Hudema announce his unexpected passing in Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, January 30, 2014, one day shy of his 64th birthday.
Terry was a true Albertan, beginning his life in Willingdon, he grew up in Lethbridge and Edmonton before settling in Calgary.
He spent 43 years dedicated to his career in land surveying and was a highly respected member of his profession; most recently, as president of Urban Systems Survey's Inc.
Terry had a passion for sports, especially hockey and golf. He volunteered countless hours with Special Olympics Calgary, the 1988 and 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games, and worked as an off-ice official for the Calgary Hitmen.
Terry was a devoted family man. He is survived by his loving wife, Susan Fordyce, his favorite travel companion; son Christopher, daughters Nicole (Juan Carlos Herrmann) and Stephanie; grand-daughter Piper (Herrmann); mother Vera and brother Bryan. In his passing, Terry was met by his youngest daughter Ashley and father Bill.
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2006
- Born in Willingdon, Alberta; raised in Lethbridge
- Resident of Calgary since 1971
- Obtained B.Sc. in civil engineering from the University of Alberta in 1971
- Received Professional Engineer status in 1973
- Articled to Jerald Rasmuson, ALS
- Obtained ALS Commission in 1976
- Obtained CLS Commission in 1982
- Previously employed by JTR Survey Services since 1973, Government of Alberta (contract) and Stantec
- Employed with Raymac Surveys Ltd. since 1998
- Served on numerous ALSA committees from 1976 to present, including Standards, Legislation, Vision 2000, and the Discipline Committee
- Member, ACLS and APEGGA
- Off-ice official with the Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club since 1995
- Referee, Special Olympics Canada floor hockey since 2004
- Leader on the 2003 ALSA Geomatics Award of Excellence project presented to Raymac Surveys Ltd.