D.A. (Al) Jamieson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|Allan Jamieson, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA President, 2014-2015|
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2014
- Born in Red Deer, Alberta in 1954 and raised in Delburne.
- Graduated from SAIT in 1975.
- Articled to D.L Tronnes, ALS and R.D. MacDonald, ALS.
- Obtained ALS commission in 1982.
- Obtained CLS commission in 1993.
- ALSA Vice-President in 2013-2014.
- Past chairman and long-time member of Standards Committee.
- ALSA representative on CAPP Geomatics Committee.
- Chair of ERCB Liaison Group.
- ALSA representative on Enform Chainsaw Certification Committee
- Previous employment with Alberta Environment, Tronnes Surveys (1977-1979) and Raymac Surveys Ltd. (1979-2010).
- Principal with Global Raymac Surveys Inc. since inception in December 2010.
- Hobbies include curling, golf and water skiing.