M.D. (Martin) Robinson
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2011
- Born in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Graduated from University of Calgary Geomatics Engineering, 1996.
- Worked one year for Usher Canada, in the Esso Cold Lake field.
- 1997 to present, employed by Snell & Oslund Surveys (1979) Ltd. in Red Deer.
- Articled under Dirk Vandenbrink, ALS from 2000 to 2004.
- Received Commission in 2004.
- Member of the RPR Task Force 2001.
- Member of the Professional Development Committee from 2003 to present.
- Chairman of the Professional Development Committee 2008-2009.
- Member of the Continuing Competency Working Group 2009-2010.
- Works in a variety of surveying areas: oilfield, municipal, real property reports, rural subdivisions, cadastral control and construction.