S.J. (Steven) Van Berkel
From Alberta's Land Surveying History
|Steven Van Berkel, ALS|
|Known for||ALSA Councillor (2013-2015), son of John Van Berkel, ALS|
On the occasion of his nomination for Council, 2016
- Born in Edmonton, Alberta in 1977.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary Geomatics Engineering program in 2002.
- Recipient of the J.H. Holloway Scholarship.
- Received ALS commission in 2005.
- Received P.Eng designation in 2008.
- Previously employed by Coordinate Surveys (to clean their offices when I was 11 years old), Stantec Geomatics Ltd., and Focus Surveys Limited Partnership.
- Worked at Altus since 2006; currently Branch Manager of the Edmonton office and VP of Alberta Operations for Altus Geomatics.
- Volunteer presenter at Eclipse college on the Subject of Governing Evidence.
- Volunteer for the ASSMT Panel of Examiners 2011 – 2015.
- Served on Council between 2013 – 2015.